Saturday, April 17, 2010

EVOLVED TO SEE RIGHT THROUGH IT

I'm here to catch some fish today
and spend some time alone.
And listen to the grass of may,
so shimmery when blown.
Today the water's clear.
It's absolutely clear.
I pierce the surface with my eyes
and spy upon the little guys.

Those funny little flying fish
that move around down there.
I'd join them if I had my wish,
and travel everywhere.
a bird calls overhead
it flys right overhead
I feel the breeze upon my skin
and think of what I'm sitting in

If I would put my bucket rim
down first upon the lake
then grab the sides and push it in
the water should intake
but nothing goes inside
no nothing goes inside
Just what is there that blocks it's path?
Perhaps I'm sitting in a bath.

I feel a jerk upon my line
and quickly spin my reel.
He twists and flips and won't resign
and gasps through the ordeal.
Out here he can't explore.
He's dead if he explores.
The flopping makes a slow commute
and breathing needs a special suit.

I guess I'd need my own suit too
if I was out in space.
I'd flap my arms and try to move
but I'd be stuck in place.
I think that I would look
the same way fish can look.
But I relax here in my place
and let the breeze caress my face.

Back in he swims for his lake bed
and thinking here I stall.
The better I see overhead
the more he sees at all.
Today the air is clear.
It's absolutely clear.
Invisible is space between;
it's everywhere but still unseen.

A clever person must have been
the first to name the air.
With peaceful space to take things in,
no worries and no care.
And time to just relax.
I sit here and relax.
I take a breath and I recline
and think because I have the time.

No comments: