Wednesday, April 7, 2010

IN MY OWN FOREST

there
i saw
he ran in
he ran right in
i swear i saw it
he could get lost in there
and no one would know but me
i'd better go in and find him
he can't be far now past the tree line
this is my forest, i'll know my way through

"hey!"
"hello!"
"you out there!"
he won't answer
i have to go in
hmm, which way should i go
one direction of many
any direction of many
this way is just as good as any
the trees are thicker than i remember

hmm
no sign
"are you there!?"
i can't hear him
maybe he's hiding
he could be anywhere
"hello, are you in trouble?"
nothing... is he fooling with me?
there are so many places to hide
better to start over with a new path

there
that way
i'll try that
i'll go slow now
take my time to look
why would he wander off?
i just can't understand him
and i can't remember his face
maybe he didn't wander this way
maybe he's moving instead of hiding

where,
where is...
where am i?
i was there last
i'll retrace my steps
let's see, i checked that tree
oh, then i was over there
I'll be damned if these trees aren't mine
I'm of no use if I'm lost myself
that's where I started... maybe he's back now

yes
right here
I'll stay here
just to be safe
it will be dark soon
and as more time passes
the more hidden he could be
I'll be relieved when I find him
he might make his way to the entrance
maybe he didn't wander off too far

prints!
foot prints!
I'll check those
over this way
or maybe this way
let's see let's see let's see
those are mine, those are mine right?
I can't tell, damn it I can't tell
Why didn't I think to do this first
I should have been thinking to do this first

Damn!
Damn him!
He left me!
Where could he be?
Damn it, ahh! damn it
he could be lost out there
it's going to be dark soon
"hey you out there, please answer me!"
where is he, where is he, where is he
I'll check the, no I, maybe he, oh god!

breathe
calm down
don't panic
this is not good
what else can I do?
it's his own fault really
I'm doing my best out here
why would he just walk off like that
there's nothing left to do now but wait
it's not my fault he's being so careless

phew,
tired
it's dark now
snap out of it
gotta stay awake
he'll come back, he's got to
the best I can do is wait
no good panicking in error
I'll just sit at the base of this tree
try to relax for just... wait, what was that?

No comments: